Tony Sweet. – Icelandic Odyssey Year 6 – Summerama
- Tony Sweet
- July 10-19, 2016
- US $ 10,485 - SOLD OUT
As images and scenes from Iceland appear more and more on social media, in advertising, and in movies, it is obviously a unique, accessible, and highly desirable photo venue. We will, of course, visit the famous and unique glacial lagoon (Jokulsarlon) with it’s black sand beach and (conditions permitting) large ice chunks before heading off to the first of our 3 incredible (and less populated) destinations. So we will take you out of the beaten workshop paths and into hidden gems of Icelandic nature.
This trip of a lifetime is 10 days all inclusive. We can’t wait to return to share this breathtaking location with our clients. Iceland is one of the last uncorrupted landscapes on the planet and we will be in an all-terrain, dubbed “The Magic Bus” exploring areas that are impossible to get to in a standard vehicle. Each person will occupy a full 2 seats and there will be wi-fi (where accessible), water and provisions on the bus. From the wonderfully photogenic city of Reykjavik to the incredible, vast and varied landscapes, to the mind blowing glaciers, awesome waterfalls, geothermal springs, rugged coastlines, and turf houses (my personal favorite) and much more. This is a photo trip of a lifetime. Be prepared to be blown away!
Flexibility and hunting for exciting light and right timing is the name of the game. And the FocusOnNature team is experts in this. They are hunters for an exciting light and good timing, Every minute they focus on maximizing our time with a golden blend of field work and learning process. From arrival until you leave you are in the great hands of the FocusOnNature team. They book an early registration for you upon arrival, so even if you arrive very early in the morning the day before the workshop starts, you have your hotel room ready. Early evening before the workshop starts FocusOnNature invites participants to a pre-workshop supper at a nice restaurant in Reykjavik. The night at the end of the workshop is also included. The FocusOnNature team are great hosts and have great ambition that every participant is enjoying his time. They also don’t know the word “problem”, only “solutions”.
What makes a tour with FocusOnNature different:
- Our numbers are kept to a maximum of 12. This ensures several important things:
- Every client gets maximum attention in the field and in the vehicle when on the road traveling between venues
- Every client gets a private room. No double occupancy (except for designated couples).
- Every client gets a window seat in our vehicle, allowing for maximum comfort during our Icelandic adventure!
- Every client will have access to 220V & wifi on our vehicle, where we will conduct impromptu image critiques and share processing tips.
- With the logistics FocusOnNature organizes their programs, you get much more effective time to work and learn.
We recommend every participant to have a travel insurance in case anything unforeseen happens. When you click to register you can also read about our cancellation policy before going further.