Terry White – Icelandic Photographic Adventure
- Terry White
- July 9 - 15, 2017
- US $ 8,135
I have the great good fortune of traveling the world and capturing some amazing sites. I’m so excited about the opportunity to return to Iceland, but this time to bring you with me. There is simply no way to capture all that Iceland has to offer in one trip. That’s why I’m glad that this time around we’ll not only visit many sites that are off the beaten tourist path, but we’ll also have a small group so that we can help you get the best possible images that you can capture. This goes beyond the camera settings (which are important and will be covered), but it’s the entire process from the time you arrive on the scene and take a moment to visualize the shot, to the time you press the shutter and finally to process of post processing your images to take your images to the next level.
We want to have maximum flexibility, and use our time well to enjoy every moment. Less driving and more shooting. We will travel in the north and west of Iceland which has more light. We are traveling soon after solstice, so we will have very long days and twilight zones. We will use the Adobe desktop and Adobe mobile software such as Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CC. Rather than speed across Iceland for quick location stops, we will stay at the same hotels up to 3 nights. We’ll be hunting for exciting light. The locations we chose are based on the weather forecast and our knowledge to try to be at the right time at the right places. We’ll have 220V power in the van and a wif-fi router. We will try to take time for lessons, discussions and critique sessions, but we can also do classes on the road. We might get up very early or get late to bed. Then we will have a siesta to charge up when the sun is high and light is flat instead.
I hope you’ll join me on what is sure to be an excellent adventure!
– Terry White, Adobe Principal Worldwide Design & Photography Evangelist
What makes a tour with FocusOnNature different?
- This workshop is limited to only 7 participants. This ensures personal attention and maximum flexibility.
- The nights before and after the workshop are included in the workshop fee.
- Every client gets maximum attention in the field and in the vehicle when on the road traveling between venues.
- Every client gets a private room. No double occupancy (except for designated couples).
- We try to allowing for maximum comfort during our Icelandic adventure! Every client will have access to 220V and wi-fi on our vehicle, where we will conduct impromptu image critiques and share processing tips.
- With all the logistics taken care of by the experienced local professionals at Focus On Nature, you’ll have much more time to concentrate on your photography, improve your craft, and enjoy this fabulous experience.