Sean Duggan: Autumn & Aurora Discoveries – Iceland
- Seán Duggan
- 4 - 11 October, 2014
- US $ 7,785
Iceland has so much to offer for photographers, and we’ll make the most of it on this creative and photographic adventure with the experienced professionals of Focus On Nature.
We’ll explore this beautiful island during the exciting autumn light, with extended periods of sunrise and sunset that lead to many hours of the “sweet light”. When night falls, we’ll venture out in search of the best places to capture images of the fascinating and colorful aurora borealis. The excellent guides at Focus on Nature (photographers themselves) will take care of all the logistics, track the weather and make sure that we’re at the right places at the perfect times so that we can concentrate on creative photography.
This is a country with landscapes that are truly stunning in their vastness and beauty and we’ll have an insider’s view, traveling in 4-wheel drive vehicles that allow us to get off the beaten path, fording streams and rivers as we seek out the hidden places and vistas that are never seen by the casual visitor. We’ll focus our lenses on majestic waterfalls, rocky coastlines, dramatic skies, vast glaciers, icebergs that float in a mirrored lagoon and then are pulled out to sea to crash in the waves and come to rest as ice sculptures on a black sand beach, starkly beautiful lava plains beneath snow-covered volcanoes, boiling geothermal pools and geysers, pristine mountain highlands, rushing rivers and, of course, those beautiful Icelandic horses.
Check out my video from Iceland to get a sense of the workshop experience:
In the times when we are not out photographing, we’ll improve our photography through critique and review sessions of the images we make during the week, discussing what works and what doesn’t and how we can make better photographs. Seán will provide demonstrations of how to improve and enhance your photos using techniques in Lightroom and Photoshop, including essential Raw processing workflow and combining multiple images to create intriguing composites.
The workshop will begin and end with hands-on digital darkroom sessions that are focused on the needs of the group and designed to help you get the most from your images and take your creativity to the next level.
Stepping out of the familiar world of our daily routines and entering a place so completely different and breathtakingly beautiful, can be a deeply significant creative experience for a photographer. That’s what this trip is all about: journeying to a far off, majestic land for the sole purpose of immersing yourself in your photography and seeking out new creative discoveries.
I hope you’ll join me on this great adventure!
– Sean Duggan
What makes a tour with Focus on Nature different?
Our numbers are kept to a maximum of 12. This ensures several important things:
- Every client gets maximum attention in the field and in the vehicle when on the road traveling between venues.
- Every client gets two seats including window seat in our vehicle, allowing for maximum comfort during our Icelandic adventure!
- Every client has access to 220V & wi-fi on our vehicle, where we will conduct impromptu image critiques and share processing tips.
- With all the logistics taken care of by Focus On Nature, you’ll have much more time to concentrate on your photography, learn, and enjoy this fabulous experience.
- Every client gets a private room. No double occupancy (except for designated couples).
- Every participants gets a “Welcome letter” from Focus On Nature, 12 pages of practical information in good time before packing and traveling to Iceland.