Bobbi and Lee – Discover the Light, the Land, and the Life in Iceland.
- Babbi Lane & Lee Varis
- Sept 10 - 16, 2017
- US $ 7,985
Join Bobbi Lane and Lee Varis for an adventure in the land of fire and ice to capture the spirit of nature in the amazing intersection of light, land, water, and sky! Iceland is one of the truly uncorrupted places on the planet, and we will have unprecedented access with our private luxury vehicle and knowledgeable support from Focus on Nature. The end of summer provides us with over 13 hours of sunlight, plus a couple hours of twilight, so we will shoot early and late, taking advantage of both the blue and golden hours.
We shoot what photographers love, breathtaking views of lagoons, waterfalls, glaciers, and black sand beaches in gorgeous light. We immerse ourselves in the out of the way villages and meet and photograph the locals, the farms and the Icelandic horses. Bobbi and Lee help you find your personal vision and how to take your images from snapshots to stunningly beautiful images. We spend time observing and understanding the essence of the place and the people, and then use our photographic techniques to make images that sing with depth and meaning.
Our goal is less driving and more photography—we want you to enjoy maximum flexibility with photo opportunities, so we will reserve time for mid-day siestas to rest while the sun is higher and the light flat. You receive full support before, during, and after shooting, with photography instruction, critique sessions, and post processing instruction. We will be able to adapt to weather conditions with itinerary changes to support more photo opportunities, so you can enjoy every moment of your time with us!
The tour begins and ends in the beautiful city of Reykjavik—in between, we will explore the splendor and colors of Iceland’s people and places. All the while, we will be hunting for aurora!
What makes a tour with FocusOnNature different?
- This workshop is limited to only 7 participants. This ensures personal attention and maximum flexibility.
- The nights before and after the workshop are included in the workshop fee.
- Every client gets maximum attention in the field and in the vehicle when on the road traveling between venues.
- Every client gets a private room. No double occupancy (except for designated couples).
- We try to allowing for maximum comfort during our Icelandic adventure! Every client will have access to 220V and wi-fi on our vehicle, where we will conduct impromptu image critiques and share processing tips.
- With all the logistics taken care of by the experienced local professionals at Focus On Nature, you’ll have much more time to concentrate on your photography, improve your craft, and enjoy this fabulous experience.